[mythtv] Help! Can't setup, couldn't open db!

Fredrik Nyberg DC nba at abo.fi
Wed Jan 22 12:28:38 EST 2003

I've built MythTV from source on Debian 3.0 stable (I haven't used any
unstable packages). Everything has gone fine until I try to run setup. I
only get

mediabox:/export/software/src/mythtv-0.7/setup# ./setup
couldn't open db
mediabox:/export/software/src/mythtv-0.7/setup#

I have QT 3.0.3 and the package libqt3-mysql installed (the mysql
driver, NOT multi-threaded, muli-threaded driver doesn't seem to work).
MySQL is up and running and I have a valid database, though I don't know
if anything can connect to it.

Can anyone PLEASE give me a hint about what might be wrong.

Thanks,
Nybä