[mythtv] Anyone Selling MythTV PVRs?

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Wed Jan 22 14:14:31 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Jamie Richard wrote:

> You have to remember that MythTV is expandable and upgradeable according to
> your needs if you have the knowledge.  This makes MythTV more useful,
> espically since you can use your MythTV box for Music, DVD, Weather, Images,
> Games, etc.  I would like to see a Media Player added to myth so I could NFS
> to my Movies Partition on my windows box and watch my SmR Movies on my TV, I
> would also like to see a DVD module using XINE..  I am just a hardware guy..
> I am lucky I could install Myth and get it running, but now that it is.. It
> was worth it.

I hate to be a naysayer, but there is one big problem with selling things
commercially: support. What happens if someone buys a box and it doesn't
work with their setup (whatever that is)? How 'bout if zap2it decides to
break xmltv again?

I'm all in favor of a groovebox-esque predone system, simply because it
eliminates variables and makes startup easier. But widespread commercial
use could get... iffy.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat                                                __ ____