[mythtv] Help! Can't setup, couldn't open db!

Ryan A. Carris rac at racarris.com
Wed Jan 22 21:33:30 EST 2003

There are a lot of people here installing Linux and Myth for the first
time (including myself).  I think a lot of us are using work-arounds to
get it all to work correctly (like running mysql w/o a password, and
running everything as root).  I think it would be a really good idea if
someone could add a few lines to the Documentation about setting-up
MySQL after installing using the RPM.  I wish I were qualified.

Basically, it would just need to state that you should change the mysql
password,  what user needs to be logged in when using myth (if any), and
how to get mysql to start automatically on Mandrake(thank you again).
And why the documentation for setting the QT paths on Mandrake doesn't
work would be a good addition.

-rac