[mythtv] Dual tuner card

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Thu Jan 23 08:40:34 EST 2003

Actually, I have had the head of driver development for Conexant in my
office all week working on the linux driver with our engineers (not a
"rep").  We should have a driver for the 23880/1 chip ready in a few
weeks.  I have already gotten it to work with 2.4.20 kernel and we are
working out a few bugs.

You have to remember, this is the year of the "Linux Desktop".  Everyone
is in a mad scramble to catch up with the growing demand for linux on
the desktop.  As our company is at the forefront of the Linux Desktop
movement, I see the the demand for drivers first hand.  Almost on a
daily basis, I get calls from various hardware and chip makers and
vendors looking to develop or have us develop linux drivers for their
product.  Conexant happens to be one that contacted us and is urgently
looking to get out a linux driver for their latest chipset.

I will keep you posted and as I love the MythTV project, I will make
sure that you guys are the first to know when we release the Conexant
driver for the 23880/1 chipset.

--
Merle Reine <merle.reine at lindows.com>
Lindows.com Hardware Certification