[mythtv] MythTV - DRI required?

COFFMAN Steven SCoffman at COVANSYS.com
Fri Jan 24 03:02:10 EST 2003

ATI Radeon 8500 + Athlon + Red Hat (7.3, 8.0, or 8.0.93) (any capture card) do not play back with MythTV. The problem is not DRI, since 8.0.93 does support it, and after playing glxgears at AGPx4, running mythbackend and then mythTV gave me:

connecting to backend server: localhost:6543
Connection timed out.

Same for selecting "Watch TV" from mythFrontend.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Red Hat's install allowing you to name your machine rather than use the DHCP assigned name.

Anyway, I'm giving up and going to bed thoroughly discouraged.
-Steve