[mythtv] Matrox G450 Tv-Out?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Fri Jan 24 12:34:58 EST 2003

I think I went through all the same steps.  I had heard the combo
of Matrox and TVout in Linux was "good".  So I bought a 450 dualhead on
Ebay only to find out that Matrox apparently stopped TV out support in
Linux with the 400.  So trying the same frame buffer steps you just
mention, I too got TV out working.  But I found the picture quality
very poor, and mythtv failed with no XV support.

I finally gave up and just ordered a signal converter, I hope to
get it next week.  In the mean time, a different computer had a
Nvidia card with tvout and it worked fine.

So I don't think I can definately put you out of your misery, but
at least I'll had you the gun I used :)

Brian