[mythtv] Dual tuner card

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 15:08:24 EST 2003

On the topic of multiple tuners in a system.  Suppose you control them thru
lirc with one remote, how do you tell mythtv which tuner you're targetting?

Also, since I have a cable box that I have to control via lirc, in order to
have two tuners I suppose I need two transceivers, one to control each box
(did I say I have a second cable box?) and to get input from a remote.  Or do
I need one receiver and two transmitters?  I saw someone claim on this list
that lirc doesn't support two devices at the same time.  True or False?
Can I have something like a "meta" key on a remote so that if I press that key
and 12, the remote will change tuner2 to channel 12, while pressing 12 alon
will change the first tuner to channel 12?

Thanks,
IvanK.