[mythtv] micro ATX motherboards & MythtTV

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Fri Jan 24 14:59:40 EST 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:57:16 +0100
Stephan Wentz <wentz at gmx.de> wrote:

> > You don't want built-in video (IMHO).  You want video/sound on an
> > add-on cards.  Look at a  A7M266-M, no video, but has sound (I don't
> > use the built-in sound).  This is what I'm using -
>
> why not?
> i'm using a shutlle barebone with a via pm133 board (or something like that),
> with integrated sound, network and grafics (s3 savage), 512 mb ram and a
> celeron 1200. works perfect, even tv out! the only other component is a
> wintv-pci-card. it's really small, it's quiet, it only has a 150W power
> supply, it's great! ok, it isn't the fastest solution, but it works without
> problems without any jitter (rtjpg with 400x400, quality 170)!

You can't adjust the overscan/underscan on the TVout.  No OpenGL support.

Also many of the built-in sound cards are really bad for capture on line-in.
Admittedly if you're being fed from the msp3400 using btaudio, you might not
have to deal with it.

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission