[mythtv] micro ATX motherboards & MythtTV

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Jan 25 12:38:36 EST 2003

> Van: Stephan Wentz <wentz at gmx.de>
>
> > You don't want built-in video (IMHO).  You want video/sound on an
> > add-on cards.  Look at a  A7M266-M, no video, but has sound (I don't
> > use the built-in sound).  This is what I'm using -
>
> why not?
> i'm using a shutlle barebone with a via pm133 board (or something like
> that), with integrated sound, network and grafics (s3 savage), 512 mb ram
> and a celeron 1200. works perfect, even tv out! the only other component
> is a wintv-pci-card. it's really small, it's quiet, it only has a 150W
> power supply, it's great! ok, it isn't the fastest solution, but it works
> without problems without any jitter (rtjpg with 400x400, quality 170)!

Hey, that looks great. In Holland and Belgium you can buy BookPCs ( AFAIK:
http://www.bookpc.be/ ). Quite nice looking MiniATX cases, have a
CD/CD-R(W)/DVD-ROM, Celeron 1200 (PIII core). And fairly cheap, ~340 EUR
for a CD-ROM model, and ~450 EUR for top of the bill (more RAM, HD and a
DVD-ROM).

Half-height PCI tuner-cards do seem a problem though. They do exist, so you
probably, just need to search a little bit better.

	Henk Poley <><