[mythtv] Help with Myth/QT Build!

Charles Choukalos choukalos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 07:23:25 EST 2003

Help anyone,

I had a Redhat 7.3 server working like a champ with
MythTV 0.7 .  However, I upgraded to RH 8.0 to get the
mythmusic to compile (Ogg Vorbis not liking RH 7.3).
Now my box is seriously fubared.  I endedup
recompiling qt 3.05 and did a make dist clean on
mythtv.  Then tried compiling Mythtv and got the
following error:

cd libmyth && make -f Makefile
make[2]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/mythtv-0.7/libs/libmyth'
rm -f libmyth-0.7.so.0.7.0 libmyth-0.7.so
libmyth-0.7.so.0 libmyth-0.7.so.0.7
g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libmyth-0.7.so.0 -o
libmyth-0.7.so.0.7.0 dialogbox.o guidegrid.o
infodialog.o infostructs.o lcddevice.o programinfo.o
settings.o themedmenu.o mythcontext.o moc_dialogbox.o
moc_guidegrid.o moc_infodialog.o moc_lcddevice.o
moc_themedmenu.o   -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/qt/lib
-L/usr/local/qt/lib  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt-mt
-lpthread -lXext -lX11 -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libmyth-0.7.so.0.7.0] Error 1

*or Ie:  it can't find the lib qt-mt ?  Where does
this library come from?  QT said that it built fine?
What am I missing, since this was working before (I
setup the various paths/settings according to the QT
install document).  Also I'm getting this wierd error
when I compile myth modules:

make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/mythgame-0.7/mythgame'
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
-fexpensive-optimizations -finline-functions
-fno-exceptions -D_REENTRANT  -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/qt/include
-I/usr/local/qt/mkspecs/default -o databasebox.o
databasebox.cpp
cc1plus: warning: changing search order for system
directory "/usr/local/include"
cc1plus: warning:   as it has already been specified
as a non-system directory

*How do I change the include directory path?  I don't
recall ever seeing this before.

So the big question becomes, I upgraded from RH 8.0 to
7.3... did I goof?  Should I just wipe the servers
root drive, and reinstall RH8.0!  I really don't want
to spend a whole day backing up the config files/user
direcs/etc and then reinstall my root drive.  Any
thoughts?

-Chuck