[mythtv] Remote Compressing And Recording/Playback Separation

Michael Cook foobarsoft at foobarsoft.com
Mon Jan 27 20:28:28 EST 2003

Hi all. I've been watching Myth TV for a little while now and I am in the
process of setting up a box (got to buy a HSF for my CPU, but that's off
topic). On the "TODO" list, one of the things is to separate out the
recording and playback parts of the software. How close/far is this? Is any
of it complete? Also, is the ability to send videos to another computer for
compression under consideration? I have a dual 600 box and a dual 933 box
(both P3s) that I'd like to be able to use to compress things, but I have a
smaller box that I'd rather use for the "head". Has anyone started on this
feature? If so, is there a way I can help?