[mythtv] New Problem when using remote

David Madsen madsend at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 28 11:55:41 EST 2003

I've been having the same problem, and have been searching for a solution as
well.  Exactly the same symptoms.  I can use the remote just fine, but as
soon as I hit the ESC key to quit out of MythTV to go back to the frontend,
the remote stops.  Trying to use the keyboard also doesn't work until I
Alt-tab the window back.  After doing this the keyboard and remote start to
work again.  It seems like the focus is getting 'lost' somewhere.  No other
windows are popping up in front, and I have tried starting up the processes
and killing the other terminals.  While writing this I just had the idea
that maybe it is the kicker/taskbar/panel that is doing it.  I'll have to
try that out.  One thing different is that I'm not using the ir_serial
driver. I use a homebrew reciever with the irman driver.  Anyone have any
solutions to this yet?

Dave Madsen

-- cut from /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

# Run "lircd --driver=help" for a list of supported drivers.
DRIVER="irman"
DEVICE="/dev/ttyS0"
MODULES=""