[mythtv] TV Card Experience

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Wed Jan 29 10:10:01 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:13:03 -0500
"Michael Libeskind" <mikelibes at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for some recommendations on a new TV card.  When I first started
> looking at building my own TIVO type machine I purchased an I/OMagic card
> which was a re-packaged pinnacle card with the composite input removed.  I
> thought the quality of the card was absolutely horrible.  I noticed some
> postings someplace where someone had recommended trying to improve the
> ground plane around the capture chip.  I tried this along with trying to
> improve the ground plane around the tuner itself and also tried adding extra
> bypass caps to the ADC chip and the tuner.  I didn't really see any
> difference in the quality.

[snip]

I also had a Pinnacle card, and your description is right on.  My solution
was a Hauppauge WinTV dbx (now I have them in 2 computers also :) ).
>From comments on the list, the ATI TV wonder's seem to be Ok also.  As far as USB,
the TV stream should be about 27 mb/s so USB 2.0 support should be just about
required, and I've not heard of any supporting USB 2.0.

If you haven't found it yet, check out http://sourceforge.net/projects/nv-tv-out/
for all the adjustments you can make on NVidia tv-out.

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission