[mythtv] TV Card Experience

Chris Lack ixion at linuxpusher.com
Wed Jan 29 13:22:16 EST 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 10:10 am, Monty Walls wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:13:03 -0500
>
> "Michael Libeskind" <mikelibes at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking for some recommendations on a new TV card.  When I first
> > started looking at building my own TIVO type machine I purchased an
> > I/OMagic card which was a re-packaged pinnacle card with the composite
> > input removed.  I thought the quality of the card was absolutely
> > horrible.
<snip>

> I also had a Pinnacle card, and your description is right on.  My solution
> was a Hauppauge WinTV dbx (now I have them in 2 computers also :) ).
> From comments on the list, the ATI TV wonder's seem to be Ok also.
<snip>

For anyone on a budget who doesn't need btaudio support there're a bunch of tv
capture cards being sold on ebay as AITech WaveWatcher blah blah blahs.
These are OEM from AITech and unlike the original retail Wavewatchers which
are zoran based, these have bt878 chips.  I find the quality to be just fine
on mine.  They're typically going from $15-$25.