[mythtv] Remote Control

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Thu Jan 30 08:16:59 EST 2003

You know, you can usually find a universal remote that'll work with lirc
for pretty cheap.  I was in BlockBuster (grrrr) the other day and picked
up a Jensen universal remote that has EVERYTHING I need including "menu"
and "guide" buttons, plus all the arrow and enter navigation buttons.  It
was only $10.99.  It also has four buttons so you can map other remotes to
it (so you can basically store 4 universal remote settings).

The only trick was finding a universal remote code that transmitted all
the buttons I needed...but that only took 30 minutes to track down a good
one.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...fifty bucks seems like a lot to pay
for a remote :)