[mythtv] Autostart myth + KDE 3.x

William Preston bpreston at networkusa.net
Thu Jan 30 10:49:39 EST 2003

I'm having a bit of a tricky time getting myth backend and frontend to
start with KDE.  Yes, I know the 'simple' way to do it with a different
window manager, but I'd prefer to run KDE.

So this is what I've got going:

--
>cat go.sh
#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/x10remoted &
/bin/sleep 30          //wait for windowmanager to start up
/usr/local/bin/mythbackend > ~/mythbackend.log 2>&1 &
amixer set Line,0 70%,70% mute capture
/bin/sleep 5
/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend > ~/mythfrontend.log 2>&1 &
--

I've tried running this via .xinitrc, and via the 'autostart' thinger in
KDE (which creates a symlink to the shell script.)  The script runs either

QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
couldn't open db

Do I simply need to use a different shell, insert an include line, or use
some other trickery to getting it going?  Sorry if this is simple...I'm
not too swift at shell scripting.