[mythtv]

Dustin Rue ruedu at hannah.homelinux.net
Thu Jan 30 21:57:01 EST 2003

I have to continue the "mythtv doesn't close the tv card" thread.

I think it's BS that mythtv doesn't close the TV card when done recording.
 For some of us that trick of muting linein doesn't work.  I use an old
Ensoniq using the esn_1370 driver.  This card *doesn't* record from linein
if you turn it down, mute it or what ever.  I'ved used kmix, alsamixer and
neither do it right.

Mythtv *should* close the tv card because a) its messy and lazy not too
and b) because I don't believe in buying new hardware to get around bugs
in software.

My machine is only capable of recording so turning the speakers down works
just fine, but when I come back and want to watch a show, I should be able
to turn up my speakers again and watch the show without hearing the last
channel I recorded.