[mythtv] more mythweb updates

Kevin Elliott kevin at phunc.com
Tue Jul 1 04:55:30 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 10:15:38AM +0200, Tako Schotanus wrote:

> MythWeather? So we're going to get a web interface on some data that is
> retrieved from a website in the first place? Isn't that overkill?
>
> You could just put the weatherchannel showing the correct page inside a
> frame.
>
> Just kidding :-)

While I know you were just kidding, in response, I think the primary goal
of mythweb is to mimic the functionality of the base mythtv applications on
the web front, is it not? I'm certain eventual goals include video and music
streaming from the web interface. Sure, most residential internet
connections aren't fast enough to stream video overf the internet, but
that still leaves internal LAN/WANs in residences and offices
who could benefit from it. And why not prepare for the future growth of
bandwidth (if not even help force the increase in faster bandwidth
requirements for the net in general).

I don't even use the mythweather functionality, but I think it would be nice to
include, even though it's just grabbing it from another website,
because I love that integrated feel. One environment that has the same feel
because as UI design goes, that promotes reusability and content
location expectations.

But that's just my humble opinion. :)

Kevin