[mythtv] Changes to patch

Quintesse * at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Jul 2 19:50:51 EDT 2003

Isaac,

I think the small change you made to patch a sent is not entirely
correct?

There's this code in scheduler.cpp at line 1157
(Scheduler::RunScheduler(void)) that reads:

if (recording && !nexttv->isBusy())
{
         // Will use pre-roll settings only if no other
         // program is currently being recorded
         secsleft -= prerollseconds;
}

in my version, which you changed to:

if ((recording && !nexttv->isBusy()) || !recording)
{
         // Will use pre-roll settings only if no other
         // program is currently being recorded
         secsleft -= prerollseconds;
}

As I understand it this means that the pre-roll will be used:

a) when the program is activated for recording (recoding == true) and
the allotted card (nexttv) is not busy (!nexttv->isBusy()).
b) when the program is _not_ activated for recording (!recording)

It's the (b) part that I'm not sure is correct because some lines down
is this code:

// Check if time is up and the scheduled recording was deactivated
if (!recording && secsleft <= -2)
{
       // If so we remove it
       (snip...)
}

So this means that if somebody has set the pre-roll to something
"largish" (I use 5 minutes for example) you lose 5 minutes time that you
might be using in solving conflicts. The user is expecting his scheduled
program to still be there because the program hasn't started yet and the
pre-roll time is not supposed to affect any significant decisions.

So unless I misunderstand the meaning of "recording" I would think it
best that (b) is removed again from the if, don't you agree?

Chees,
 -Tako