[mythtv] detiecting upcoming recordings in frontend/mythweb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jul 10 11:53:50 EDT 2003

> I was playing with Chris's new mythweb overhaul (very nice), and I
> noticed it doesn't handle the case of marking a recurring recording which
> isn't going to actually record because the episode has been recorded in
> the past (when browing the program-listing screen).  This is something
> I'd really like to see, because it lets me decide if I can schedule
> another program at the same time without causing a conlict.

yeah, that's on my todo list...  the style sheet stuff on the whole
thing needs to be reworked.  I just haven't had much time out of work to
code, and recently realized that I'm running low on disk space, so I
needed to push up the priority on my svcd exporter for myth.

> Adding a special border/tag/whatever looks pretty easy (it is
> essesntially just a modified query similar to
> ScheduledRecording::findAllProgramsToRecord).  I'll be happy to submit a
> patch to Chris implementing this.

I'm happy to take a look at it - anything to save me a bit of work.  :)

> Anyhow, this second method seems better to me overall (implement a
> VerifyRecording method in the backend, which checks whether we really
> plan to record a given program), and I'll volunteer to write it if this
> seems sane to others.  Otherwise, I'll just do a simpler query in mythweb
> (which won't be as accurate, but will be better than what we have today),
> and submit a patch to Chris.

currently, the Program object in mythweb is designed (though not fully
implemented) to get ALL info about a recording, both from the database
and from mythbackend, so whichever ends up working is best.  The program
guide currently only grabs info from the database (thus, doesn't check
for resolved conflicts, etc), but if I query the backend for info, it
should return everything pertinent about the programs, including whether
or not they've been suppressed, etc.

-Chris