[mythtv] MythTV Crashes on DVB channel change.

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Fri Jul 11 07:29:14 EDT 2003

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

>So, either I have to write an extra filter, and tie it behind the ts_to_ps handling, so that MythTV only sees one constant stream.

How do you want to do that? If I have one channel with 4MBit/s, 16:9,
1024x576, MP3 stereo +  AC3 + subtitles and another with 2Mbit/s, 4:3,
768x576, MP3 stereo, no AC3, no subtitles (which is both totally
realistic, I think), how do you want to make that a "constant" stream?

>Or I'll have to extend the capabilities of class TV*/NuppelVideo* so that
>they can handle 'on the fly' switch of the (en/de)coded stream.

That would be ideal, but might be pretty hard.

Another possibly solution might be to just tear down the player in the
frontend, before the frontend sends the channel changing command to the
backend, and then to reopen the player after the change finished (if the
frontend can know that).

Thanks for looking into it! :-)

Ben