[mythtv] Backend segfault backtrace, ??ERY_RECORDER

MegaDeTH megadeth at geekopolis.com
Sat Jul 12 22:51:15 EDT 2003

 > You are using Gentoo as well correct? It could be Gentoo related (or
their
 > kernel patches) as that is what I use as well. I was not able to find a
 > combination of compilation options that worked other than removing 1 CPU.

I'm using redhat 9, with 2.4.21, low latency & preemptive patches.  The
board is a P2B-D, with MSI slotkey adapters. I would be suprised if it
was a problem with the board, this sucker has been running for almost 6
years, with hardly any downtime, it's by far the best board I've ever owned.

I'm using a 3com 3c905 in the box now.

I'll take one cpu out and see if I still get the error, did you also
switch to a non SMP kernel?

I've been trying to crash it again, it doesnt seem to want to crash if
I'm watching on the 1st card, almost always crashes when I'm messing
around with the 2nd card.  I may take the older one back to compusa for
a new one, I've only had them a few weeks now.

I just noticed this mesg, have not noticed this before, may be related too.

ivtv: Not enough free buffers, stream 0