[mythtv] Mythfilldatabase & Timezones

Steve Brown steve-mythtvdev at deltabbs.org
Tue Jul 15 14:40:10 EDT 2003

Because it's getting daft here in the UK, with the feed for tv_grab_uk
(Ananova) only having a couple of days worth of listings, I thought I'd
have a go at getting the Radio Times grabber (tv_grab_uk_rt) going.

Tv_grab_uk_rt DOES support the 'offset' parameter (so does the other uk
one for that matter) and since the RT website has 2 weeks of listings
I'm sure there would be a few people interested.

I've managed to graft in the basic support, but the timezone is being a
pain.

The xmltv result from the Ananova feed sets the timezone as 'BST', and
this all works fine. However, the result from the RT feed sets it as
'+0100' (which is the same as BST) BUT when the dayta is imported with
mythfilldatabase, all the programs appear AHEAD of the time they should.

Example: Program1 starts at 1340 BST.

Xmltv result containing 'BST' - appears in listings starting at 1340
hours - good.

Xmltv result containing '+0100' - appears in listings starting at 1240
hours - bad!

Do I assume that mythfilldatabase ignores the 'BST' timezone, or does it
incorrectly subtract an hour from the '+0100@ timezone.

My systems local time (using the 'date' command) shows in BST.

Steve