[mythtv] x10 Remote (Entertainment Anywhere/MP3 Anywhere)

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jul 15 18:52:49 EDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:31:13 -0500 (CDT), "hayward-at-slothmud.org
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <yw2xhi2i070t at sneakemail.com> said:
> Why replace irxevent with a myth driver, if it works?  Is this suggestion
> for reduced complexity during installation?  Or is there a technical
> reason for wanting to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Hayward
I don't like irxevent.  I don't want the remote to be able to type in my
xterms.  I look at irxevent as ebing a crude hack.  lircd has a nice way
to send different commands to different programs, and I think integrating
this with myth would be nice.  It'd make installation a bit easier, and
(I think) make the remote act more predictably when myth isn't the only
thing on the screen.

But it may be just me.  I don't actually expect anyone to write this, but
you seemed direly set on doing some coding, and I think an lirc driver
would be useful :)

As I said, I'll probably do it myself someday..but irxevent works, and
there are bigger fish to fry.

.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer