[mythtv] more mythweb updates

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Jul 16 12:34:40 EDT 2003

I'm having some issues with this. It seems that most of your php
sections only begin with <? rather than <?php. I'm no PHP expert but I
thought that all PHP sections needed <?php at the beginning. They only
need ?> at the end though. It appears that my apache/PHP setup (RH8
stock) doesn't like not having <?php at the beginning of every section.

Obviously this is working on your system otherwise you would have had
problems from day one. However every bit of php I have found always
starts with <?php

OK before I sent this I did a bit of research...

This page:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.basic-syntax.php

Says the <? ... ?> is valid but is not necessarily enabled always. Is
there any reason not to use <?php ... ?> ? Otherwise I can see the new
mythweb causing a lot of problems since it would appear that Redhat at
least doesn't have this option on be default.

What do you think Chris?

CH