[mythtv] Status of VBR MP3 length determination?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 17:56:43 EDT 2003

Is VBR MP3 length determination completely broken now in Mythmusic?  All of
my VBR mp3s have their lengths computed as 835, which works out to 00:00.
I'm attempting to delve into the code to make it so that VBR MP3s have their
lengths automatically set to 0, then anytime a file is played, if its length
is 0, it is quickly (and accurately) calculated and stored in the database.
However, I'm not exactly sure how to go about this...

-JAC