[mythtv] Mythweb can core backend

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Wed Jul 16 19:04:54 EDT 2003

> Assuming that _is_ the case, I've fixed this with current CVS (mythtv, not
> mythweb) -- mind trying to reproduce this issue with that?

I'm now able to either deadlock the backend or crash it. I'm rebuilding with
more debug info.

To see the backend lockup rather quickly and run out of threads to process
requests (and never get them back) use mythweb and quickly click between
"Recorded Programs" and "Fix Conflicts". If you're fast enough you'll be
able to consume all five processing threads, and go into a never ending
"waiting for thread..." loop. When I say never-ending I mean within reason,
I waited several minutes.

Bt full attached, looks like all the response threads are waiting to lock
the app mutex.

Has any thought been given to axing the whole QServerSocket/QSocket thing?
It seems to be way more trouble than it is worth. I mean myth deliberately
runs its even loop while receiving input on a command socket. It would seem
better to have the main thread hand off the socket to the processing thread
which could safely read in the command and handle it.

--
Anduin Withers