[mythtv] Re:mythDVD module v0.0 released

Dwight Hubbard (dhubbard) dhubbard at dwightandamy.com
Thu Jul 17 17:48:47 EDT 2003

> I've been giving that some thought lately.  I'd like to work on
> implementing
> some functionality in MythTV but my C++ skills are just about nil.  I'm
> fluent
> in Python, however.  There are QT bindings for Python.  Maybe I'll look
> into
> how one would plug Python into a C++ app.  That might make a nice add'l
> module.

That might be a worthwhile approach.  I think it would be less flexible
than making bindings for all the mythtv libraries in python, but it would
be lot simpler (probably be less of a moving target as well)

I've worked quite a bit on implementing python bindings for libmyth and
got it to the point where it would compile, but the module segfaulted the
python interpreter when I did an "import mythtv".  I never did find the
problem and of course Myth changed to the plugin architecture which makes
doing straight bindings more difficult.