[mythtv] patch for mythVideo to use already scanned coverfile

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 18 16:01:33 EDT 2003

Hi,
  Ok, after much hair pulling (and I don't have much left to pull :-), I
came up with what I hope is the best solution.  Since, as Isaac pointed
out :-), I have no idea what naming scheme the person used to name the
movie, nor do I know which image type they are using (jpeg, gif, png,
etc...) for the coverfile, how about if the coverfile has to be in the
same directory with a dot in front of the name, for example

% ls -a
.the rookie.avi
the rookie.avi

This minimizes the code quite a bit, and also saves on having many stat
calls to try to find the coverfile.  If someone doesn't want to call their
coverpage by that name, they can put in a symbolic link.

I don't know if mythvideo currently skips dot-files, but if it doesn't,
does anyone have any problem with me modifying it so it does (I'm assuming
this should be simple)?

...dave