[mythtv] new mythweb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jul 23 13:03:36 EDT 2003

> - pop ups work "ok"; but sometimes appear "near by"; probably a web
> browser issue, not your code (but I didn't look into it)

It's essentially the browser not capturing mouse events fast enough. I'd
*like* to place them next to the element, instead of related to the
mouse position, but there's no easy way to grab the position of a
particular element in the page (it's long and complicated and doesn't
work in all browsers).

> Down side:
> - I'm using .10+ but not "current cvs"; is that why the recorded and "to
> record" screens show trashed output?  mis-matched mythweb -> backend
> code?  if not then there is a bug or two here; my old mythweb works fine

the backend gives different data between .10 and cvs, and unfortunately,
there's no easy way to make it backwards compatible.

To make it work with .10, change the "22" on line 97 of
includes/mythbackend.php to "20"

> - it takes MUCH longer to load over the internet when I'm here at work
> (old version takes 15s and new version takes 42s to load the main
> listings page and I have 256Kb/s uplink at home and fast machines on
> both ends)

turn off the popups.  Or if you're using IE. tell it to use the html 1.1
spec so that you can accept the gzip'd page content.

> - movies link is broken

section hasn't been added yet.  I'll probably just change this to a
search for category_type=movie - maybe I'll remember to do that tonight.

> - the list by "station" (click on a station) is always an empty list

weird.  works fine for me.  you're talking about channel_detail.php,
right?

-Chris