[mythtv] new mythweb

Michael Kedl kedlm at knology.net
Wed Jul 23 13:45:47 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 15:03, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > - pop ups work "ok"; but sometimes appear "near by"; probably a web
> > browser issue, not your code (but I didn't look into it)
>
> It's essentially the browser not capturing mouse events fast enough. I'd
> *like* to place them next to the element, instead of related to the
> mouse position, but there's no easy way to grab the position of a
> particular element in the page (it's long and complicated and doesn't
> work in all browsers).

I figured as much.  I have some position sniff/set code that works with
"most" browsers (konqueror, IE, netscape 7).  I may try it out and post
it if it works.

> > Down side:
> > - I'm using .10+ but not "current cvs"; is that why the recorded and "to
> > record" screens show trashed output?  mis-matched mythweb -> backend
> > code?  if not then there is a bug or two here; my old mythweb works fine
>
> the backend gives different data between .10 and cvs, and unfortunately,
> there's no easy way to make it backwards compatible.
>
> To make it work with .10, change the "22" on line 97 of
> includes/mythbackend.php to "20"

That fixes it.

> > - it takes MUCH longer to load over the internet when I'm here at work
> > (old version takes 15s and new version takes 42s to load the main
> > listings page and I have 256Kb/s uplink at home and fast machines on
> > both ends)
>
> turn off the popups.  Or if you're using IE. tell it to use the html 1.1
> spec so that you can accept the gzip'd page content.

I am using Netscape 7.02 under Linux; it is set to use HTTP 1.1.

> > - movies link is broken
>
> section hasn't been added yet.  I'll probably just change this to a
> search for category_type=movie - maybe I'll remember to do that tonight.

OK

> > - the list by "station" (click on a station) is always an empty list
>
> weird.  works fine for me.  you're talking about channel_detail.php,
> right?

Yes; still doesn't work for me. (old version does work)

Ah, it says "December 31, 1969".
If I "jump" to today it works.  Wonder why it thinks the date is wrong?
It is right at a shell prompt.

Mike