[mythtv] Latest CVS LiveTV->Recording problems

avalanche at beyondmonkey.com avalanche at beyondmonkey.com
Thu Jul 24 13:28:33 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Wohlgemuth" <mjw at woogie.net>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 3:23 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Latest CVS LiveTV->Recording problems

> I'm not sure that this will help at all, but I've noticed something that
> I thought I should bring up:
>
> Whenever the recording skips back to the beginning, the volume gets
> lowered.  I didn't even realize I had the MythTV volume controls enabled
> until it skipped back to the beginning one time and there was no sound.
>  Apparently it had been gradually turning down the volume, and I was
> turning it up on my amplifier without realizing it.  It's happened 3
> times since then, and dropped the volume 4% each time.

Here's some stuff that would be good to know:
When does it restart the playback, random or at the beginning/
end etc.?
Does it happen If you use rtjpeg?
If you start a recording without watching it, then start watching it
from the recorded dialog after 5 minutes, will it reach the end
without quitting?
Some system specs cpu/os, mythtv setup (all local or lan etc).

Is it possible that you have some sort of write cache enabled
that delays disk writes?

av