[mythtv] Re: Teletext

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Fri Jul 25 12:41:15 EDT 2003

At 25-7-2003 11:25, Martin Moeller wrote:
>Okay. The only file the patch touches on in version 1.6.1 is vbi.c
>Is there any myth-specific code in that file or might it work if I
>simply copy the prepatched version in there?
Sorry, too long ago. I would say diff the one from libvbitext with the one
from ALeVT before the patch, then you know :-)

>BTW: I activated vbi_debug on this last invocation. MythTV is presently
>recording from VH-1 and it seems the vbi is doing *something*:
You can also add logging to the teletext parsing mythTV in function
vbi_event(struct VBIData *data, struct vt_event *ev), add the line

printf("subtitle page %x.%x\n", vtp->pgno, vtp->subno);

before or after the test "if (vtp->flags & PG_SUBTITLE) "
If you add it before you get to see all teletext pages, so you can test
without needing a subtitled program.

 > Hmm.. except for certain lines being commented out and different
>indentation, the unpatched vbi.c is exactly like the one in libvbitext.
I see you followed my advice before you read it :-)

>That seems to indicate that if I can comment out the same lines in the
>patched vbi.c there's a fairly good chance of it 'just working' (of
>course, I could be wrong :)).
I think so. I would find it weird anyhow if aleVT had to be patched because
teletext itself never has changed. But maybe the vbi interface has, I don't
know.

>I assume that the commented parts are not used by mythtv. Are they a
>hazard or just a waste of CPU cycles?
Out of my head: I stripped caching of pages and character conversions.
You'd better leave it out as myth does not need it.

Erik

>Thanks for your help so far Eric. I actually have hope now :)
Good luck...
And for the next time:   s/Eric/Erik/g    :-)

Erik