[mythtv] MythVideo - multiple parts to a movie

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Fri Jul 25 12:07:23 EDT 2003

This is mainly direct at John Danner, but everyone else is free to join in.

I was thinking this morning that it would be nice to have mythvideo
automaticly move onto the second (or third, forth, etc) part of a movie
if they exist.  I was thinking along the lines of adding a parentID
field in the db.  If parentID = 0, then its a parent file, otherwise if
its <> 0, its a child of what ever parentID.

It would be easy to have multiple parts to a movie as say Jaws 1 Part1
would have parentID =0, Jaws 1 Part2 would have the parentID of Jaws 1
Part1, Jaws 1 Part3 would have the parentID of Jaws1, Part2

Would something like this be accepted?  If so, I'll code it up this
weekend if I have spare cycles;  after I finish with some LCDMenu stuff.

-dan