[mythtv] Re: MythWeather - erratic updates?

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 23:09:04 EDT 2003

> Hi again
>
> Not sure if this helps in any way, but I tried running
> mythfrontend under
> gdb, with debug compied into all modules, and MythWeather
> runs fine. Running
> the same mythfrontend *outside* gdb gets me into the same
> hung/busy state
> when I try to open MythWeather.
>
> ("Curiouser and curiouser", said Alice)

<snip>
> As you can tell, my C++ skillz are somewhat... absent? :-)
> Cheers
> Mike

Well, I don't know the background of the problem you have, but, crashing
when running a program, and not crashing when running it through GDB
happens because GDB puts the debugged program into a different (and
usually safer) area of memory. Sounds to me like some pointer is going
somewhere it shouldn't and some area of memory is getting overwritten.

Andy