[mythtv] Mythtv and ATI all-in-wonder card

Eric Sellers sellers-eric at rogers.com
Wed Jul 30 20:18:40 EDT 2003

I am working on a V4L driver for my old ATI all in wonder card, which only
supports YUYV (packed format) not planar.

My driver works great with ffmpeg, mplayer and xawtv (and I assume other v4l
programs), but mythtv only supports planar formats (from what I could see).

I read somewhere (kernel dev list or video4linux list, cant remember which)
that V4L modules should not convert formats inside the drivers, just spit out
what we have and let the apps change it.

Is there any chance that other formats (packed formats specificly) will be
supported by mythtv?

Thanks
Eric