[mythtv] Transcoder improvements

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jun 2 01:03:27 EDT 2003

GetProgramFromRecorded is used by the external commercial flagging
program, I added that function just for that purpose a while back.

I don't mind it being modified as long as the current functionality
remains.  I can currently use mythcommflag as follows:

mythcommflag --chanid 1058 --starttime 20030601130000

Will what you're proposing change the starttime format any?

Or are you just saying rename this function, add ISODate support,
and possibly maybe overload it like ProgramInfo::GetProgramAtDateTime?

Send in a patch and if it doesn't break current functionality I
don't think I mind applying it.

> On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:24:32 -0400, "Isaac Richards ijr-at-po.cwru.edu
> |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <e6kbhbk35r0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > Applied.  Any particular reason why you're using the listings table
> > instead of
> > the recorded programs table to get information, though?  You won't be
> > able to
> > transcode things once the listings are gone..
>
> Yep.  I wasn't paying attention, and I didn't realize that
> GetProgramAtDateTime used the listing table while GetProgramFromRecorded
> used the recorded table.  Fixing this will also fix the problem with
> manual recording.
>
> Any objection to ripping out GetProgramFromRecorded and replacing it with
> GetRecordedAtDateTime (or just change GetProgramFromRecorded to use the
> ISODate stuff)?  As far as I can tell, nothing is using
> GetProgramFromRecorded anymore.
>
> Thanks,
> .Geoff

Chris Pinkham