[mythtv] PVR-250 freezes when live tv buffer is full

W Jason McMillon jason_mcmillon at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 21:03:55 EDT 2003

Live Tv freezes as soon as the live TV buffer is
filled.  I am using a PVR-250 along with a Guillemot
MaxiSound Fortissimo sound card with the latest ALSA
drivers on my AMD Athlon 750 mhz processor running CVS
from 2 June.  Below is the backtrace trying to watch
live tv once the buffer is filled:

NU gdb 5.3-22mdk (Mandrake Linux)
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as
"i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 2109)]
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
connecting to backend server: 192.168.0.3:6543
[New Thread 32769 (LWP 2112)]
[New Thread 16386 (LWP 2113)]

[Switching to Thread 16386 (LWP 2113)]
0x40b36be6 in nanosleep () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb) thread apply all bt full

Thread 3 (Thread 16386 (LWP 2113)):
#0  0x40b36be6 in nanosleep () from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.

Thread 2 (Thread 32769 (LWP 2112)):
#0  0x40b5e537 in poll () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x4096196e in __pthread_manager () from
/lib/i686/libpthread.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x40961bbb in __pthread_manager_event () from
/lib/i686/libpthread.so.0
No symbol table info available.

Thread 1 (Thread 16384 (LWP 2109)):
#0  0x40b36be6 in nanosleep () from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#0  0x40b36be6 in nanosleep () from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6
(gdb)

Again I am a new to linux and have another myth box
successfully running on a much faster machine with the
BT878 card... was hoping to start using my slower
machine with a hardware encoder.  Any help is
appreciated.

jason