[mythtv] Gentoo CVS Ebuilds -- Finally :-)

Mike Javorski mikej at carmelfly.com
Tue Jun 3 01:30:21 EDT 2003

Okay, after a lot of procrastinating I have finally gotten some working
ebuilds for the following.

MythTV - the core
MythWeather - the weather add-on
MythVideo - the video playback add-on
MythMusic - the music playback add-on
MythWeb  - the web interface to MythTV

and

XMLTV - the only support piece not included in Gentoo's portage system
currently.

SOME NOTES:
As this is my first public release of these ebuilds, there may be
problems, so please let me know if you come across any. They all work
perfectly fine on my machines but you never know.

Also these ebuilds are designed to use Gentoo's system-wide
CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS information. Use flags also determine the compile
options for mythmusic (sdl/opengl) and all ebuilds that work with
compiled programs (aka all but mythweb or xmltv) also support the
"debug" use flag to activate the internal debugging for developmental
purposes.

Once all problems (if any) are dealt with, I will be posting the ebuilds
to be included in Gentoo's Main Tree. And with Isaac's consent I would
also make versions to be used for 0.9-FINAL when he releases it. (Maybe
he could host the tarball on the mythtv site as well, since I have no
working webspace to post it)

USAGE:
=====================================

Each of the MythTV ebuilds has -cvs appended to the name (since they are
all for CVS versions currently.

They are as follows:
media-video/mythtv-cvs
media-video/mythweather-cvs
media-video/mythvideo-cvs
media-video/mythmusic-cvs
media-video/mythweb-cvs

the XMLTV ebuild is simply dev-perl/xmltv

To use these ebuilds, extract the tarball into your overlay directory or
to your main portage directory and run emerge mythtv-cvs (or whichever).

Have fun all!!