[mythtv] mythweb sql query

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Tue Jun 3 11:13:56 EDT 2003

As long as you aren't retrieving data that you don't need and there
isn't a significant amount of client-side parsing of said data, it
sounds like you may have a better solution than the query I put in.

However, I want to point out that the reason I changed it from
querying once per channel+slot is that some folks have many channels,
and perhaps multiple video-sources.  I often have >60k records in my
program table, and that's for just one video-source.  The previous
code took 8-12 seconds to generate a listings page on my box.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that will appreciate your changes,
provided they scale at least as well as the query does currently.

On Jun 02, at 22:50, Chris Petersen encoded a 0.3K recording: