[mythtv] Removing scheduled recordings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jun 4 10:36:42 EDT 2003

> Hmmm... well, that sucks!  I'll have to scratch my head for a while about
> that one... I wonder if the solution would be to add an 'oldrecordedignore'
> table, and add entries in there to filter out entries in the oldrecorded
> table?  Just thinking out loud...

I came up with a third solution (2nd would be modifying mythfilldatabase)
and emailed a descriptiong to Isaac to get his opinion.

We could add a field called "rerecord" to the oldrecorded table which would
indicate whether a program could be rerecorded even though it was a dup.
The default would be 0, with it being set to 1 to allow rerecording.
The left join on oldrecorded would just have to add a

	AND oldrecorded.rerecord <= 0

when checking for shows to record since that would cause a show not to be
flagged as a dup since rerecord would be 1 if the show was unsuppressed.

In order to manually suppress a show, insert an oldrecorded record with
rerecord = -1.  Since -1 is <= 0 then the scheduler code would pickup the
show as a dup and not record.  The -1 vs 0 would also distinguish
a recorded show from one that was manually suppressed.

I'm not sure how keen I am on inserting the row into oldrecorded but I
think it may make other things cleaner.  If this 'rerecord' field is added
to oldrecorded and an 'allowdups' field or something is added to the
record table, then I think the query mod is as simple as adding the
following to the left join on oldrecorded:

	AND record.allowdups = 0
	AND oldrecorded.rerecord <= 0

The fields would be setup as default 0 and the cvs.sql script could take care
of setting them all to 0 when it adds the field.  The query could also just
check oldrecorded.rerecord != 1 which might make it simpler to read.

> BTW, did anyone on the IRC channel manage to come up with an explanation as
> to why the 'force suppress' behavior seems to work, even though, as you
> pointed out, the oldrecorded.starttime would be NULL?

Didn't come up.

Chris