[mythtv] Removing scheduled recordings

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 13:25:49 EDT 2003

I'm not too keen on inserting rows into oldrecorded, either.  Also, tweaking
the 'rerecord' flag would affect all future instances of that program until
the rerecord flag was reset.  Though I suppose you could have the flag
cleared automatically when the recording finishes... you'd just have to
worry about what to do in the case where, for some reason, the showing
doesn't get recorded (recording manually cancelled, machine not on, crash,
whatever...).  In that case, the next duplicate will get recorded (whenever
that may be), which may not be what you want.

Even tweaking mythfilldatabase isn't really a solution, because what happens
if the network changed the start/end time of the program; how would you
match the entries in order to preserve the 'overridesuppression' flag?

It seems there's really no 'clean' solution... I guess I'll keep thinking...

-JAC