[mythtv] Removing scheduled recordings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jun 4 13:56:38 EDT 2003

> I'm not too keen on inserting rows into oldrecorded, either.  Also, tweaking
> the 'rerecord' flag would affect all future instances of that program until
> the rerecord flag was reset.  Though I suppose you could have the flag

When the 2nd instance was recorded, it would have a row inserted into
oldrecorded as well which would have rerecord set to 0 which would cause
the show to start showing up as a dup so it wouldn't get recorded a 3rd
time.  That could get confusing though in the code so it's probably not a
good idea.

> Even tweaking mythfilldatabase isn't really a solution, because what happens
> if the network changed the start/end time of the program; how would you
> match the entries in order to preserve the 'overridesuppression' flag?

Yeah, couldn't work in 100% of cases cleanly.

> It seems there's really no 'clean' solution... I guess I'll keep thinking...

Ditto.

Chris