[mythtv] Help with settings wizards

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Jun 4 19:14:54 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 04:41 pm, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> This is what I would like to do, but I can't figure out how... the Settings
> objects don't really seem to give access to the underlying widgets, and
> don't seem to expose an interface for manipulating their state, at least
> not for CheckBoxes.  Can someone tell me if I'm missing something?

	If you go back through recent  CVS commits, you'll see that at one point this
was already implemented. There were two settings option: ShowWholeTree and
UseKeyboardAccelerators. The code in playbackbox.cpp checked
UseKeyboardAccelerators and forced ShowWholeTree to false if accelerators
were off.

	Isaac pulled that out, and I concurred. If you can make a good argument as to
why you want the special case of "use arrow keys to navigate" but only the up
and down ones (ie,. don't pop up or push down the tree) then a reverse of the
reverse might be doable.

- thor