[mythtv] Help with settings wizards

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 15:36:12 EDT 2003

Yes, I saw this commit log at the time.  I agreed with part of the logic for
removing it, which said "there's never any reason to have keyboard
accelerators off", but I disagree with the implementation.

I was very excited to gain the ability (with the new MythMusic) to browse
the playlist without affecting the currently playing track until I hit
Enter/Space.  However, I was disappointed that this only worked when in
"ShowWholeTree" mode.  Why should I be prevented from browsing the currently
playing playlist when I'm not in "ShowWholeTree" mode?  I like the
flexibility of being able to decide how to make the interface work.
Personally, I don't have much use for the buttons at all except maybe as a
visual reference, as I have everything mapped on my remote.  I understand
that some people (especially those with few buttons on their remotes) have
need of this option.  That's fine; just don't take away my ability to turn
it off.

-JAC