[mythtv] Mythtv recording: machine freezes totally

Neil Trodden cannon.trodder at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 4 23:54:43 EDT 2003

At 22:58 04/06/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>   I am running latest Debian with the current CVS. Whenever mythtv
>   records some programe, the machine freezes totally after round 10
>   minutes. All I can do then, is hard-off. Not good! That way, I can't
>   send you guys any backtraces.
>   I've had no problems with 0.8 and the CVS-Versions from around
>   march.
>
>   Any ideas?
>   What other information would you need from me, to help you fix this?
>
>--
>Best regards,
>  cafeschintze                          mailto:cafeschintze at gmx.net

The FAQ states that myth can't freeze your machine:

"MythTV should not be able to hang or reboot your machine, no matter what
it does. If your machine is hanging or rebooting, you most likely have a
problem with your hardware or kernel device drivers."

Seems odd that it was working before though. Does it do it at any other
time? ie during playback?

--

Neil Trodden