[mythtv] Help with settings wizards

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Jun 4 23:56:44 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:41:12PM -0400, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> > 1) Adjust the code so that when one of the options is turned on, the
> > other is turned off automatically. (for instance, by way of an onchange
> > event)
>
> This is what I would like to do, but I can't figure out how... the
> Settings objects don't really seem to give access to the underlying
> widgets, and don't seem to expose an interface for manipulating their
> state, at least not for CheckBoxes.  Can someone tell me if I'm missing
> something?

The widgets always update the corresponding Setting whenever they are
changed, so you can connect the valueChanged signal to make things happen
when something in the UI is changed (look at how the triggered stuff works).

However, I think that if you find you want to do something like this, you're
probably using the wrong widgets.  If you use UI elements which fit the
nature of the data, this kind of thing doesn't come up.

--
 - mdz