[mythtv] Mythtv recording: machine freezes totally - always after 2mins

Stefan Schindler cafeschintze at gmx.net
Fri Jun 6 16:11:47 EDT 2003

Friday, June 6, 2003, 10:12:21 AM, I wrote:

> The latest cvs has a mythfrontend that won't start on my system. It
> says: "unknown element uparrow". It might also be my fault. I am still
> trying out.

This is solved now.

I have some new info that might be of interest:

The crash always occurs right after 2 minutes of recording. I have
tried to set the RTJpeg quality to very different settings. Once 170
and then 50. No change, the crash comes up after 2 minutes quite
exactly. All other settings were left unchanged, execpt the audio
encoding: I am using uncompressed, not mp3

So the question is: what happens after 2 minutes of recording? Any
special entry to the database? Keyframes?

I will try out different settings of the encoder until I'm sick of
e2fsck (will be soon ;-))

--
Best regards,
 Stefan                            mailto:cafeschintze at gmx.net