[mythtv] handling database structural changes

Gerald Britton gbritton at doomcom.org
Fri Jun 6 16:20:37 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:34:56AM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 06 June 2003 11:19 am, Kirby Vandivort wrote:
> > Any interest in having something like this for Myth?  If so, I can
> > start working on the code.
>
> Not at this point in time, no.  When the database has stabilized more,
> yes.  I just don't want to have lots of crufty upgrade code in there at
> the moment.

Would it perhaps be worth just putting in a database version into the db
and spitting out and error and exiting if the version doesn't match the
expected version?  This should atleast warn the user if the database has
changed and would probably save from incorrect database layout causing more
subtle bugs elsewhere.

				-- Gerald