[mythtv] Diefinitive patch for channel preset

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Sat Jun 7 14:10:13 EDT 2003

well, that's the nth hack for this. amazing how many imagination the people
is spending because of this problem isn't?

I'll work this weekend to provide a *definitive* patch to solve this
controversy, no need of more hacks, work on patches instread ;-)

Will be something to be applied to CVS (Isaac, Is up to you to apply a
change like thins into the 0.9 and wait for 0.10 , you decide...).

I think that maybe I can even finish it by today and will be safe and
satisfactory for everyone, since will be a mixture of all the ideas that
I've seen until today.

It will have:
-add a "freqid" column at channel table. So it will affect cvs.sql and
mc.sql, by default will be populated with channum value.
-update channel.cpp in a similar way as Ben's hack, but usin freid instead.
-add a "--preset" parameter to mythfilldatabase, defaults to false, if it's
false, simply will fill freqid with same values as channum, that will
guarantee transparency to the US users. If the parametr is given, then
channum is going a be filled with either chanid or promped, depending on
the --manual option.

In other words, will be safe, transparent to the US users, but will allow to
use presets values if given during mythfilldatabase or, later on, changing
channum values, either manually or later on, developing tuner programs.

Ramon.